There are many outings and activities available in the vicinity of the campsite!
The campsite is located in the heart of the Cévennes National Park.
It is an exceptional territory which offers a diversity of landscapes, fauna and flora, as well as an important cultural heritage.
The Park has been classified as a UNESCO Biosphere since 1985.
The National Park label gives us access to the Park’s activities and outings to discover the history and environment of the territory.
To be a UNESCO sponsor is to commit oneself to protecting one’s environment and to making information available to understand the Causses and Cévennes, a cultural landscape of Mediterranean agropastoralism.
IN THE VILLAGE
- Swimming in the Tarnon below the campsite.
- The village grocery shop with all the local products.
- Boules pitch on the village square.
- The post office.
- Small weekly farmers’ market in season.
- 3ᵉ week of July: Vébron International Film Festival, sponsored by Lionnel Astier.
- Numerous events and concerts in the village square during the summer.
- Large wooden playground “Esprit Cévennes” for children.
ACTIVITIES IN THE AREA
- Selection of hiking trails: we will lend you various maps and advise you on the routes to take!
- Caving, Canyoning, Climbing, Via Ferrata, Via Corda, Tree climbing :
- “Cévennes Évasion”.
- Mountain bike circuits available.
- Discovery of the Grand Site Gorge du Tarn, de la Jonte and the Causses.
- Theme trails (heritage, architecture, etc.).
- Interpretation trails: the meeting of the 3 rocks, granite, schist and limestone.
- Donkey rides.
- Aven Armand and Dargilan caves.
- Site of the Chaos of Nîmes le vieux at 7kms.
- Wildlife (vultures, wolves, bisons, Przewalski’s horses).
- Weather site of the Mont Aigoual.
- Educational farm in the Cévennes.
- And many others!